Porcelain veneers are often the ideal solution for patients who want to correct cosmetic smile imperfections, Since thin, tooth-shaped shells of ceramic cover the front surface of a tooth, they conceal numerous aesthetic flaws you'd rather not share with the world.
At Wicker Park Dental Group in Chicago, our dentists recommend porcelain veneers to correct problems like:
- Slight tooth misalignment
- Broken, cracked, or chipped teeth
- Severe tooth staining or discoloration
- Wide gaps or uneven spacing
- Small, misshapen, or worn teeth
Whether we place one, two, or an entire set, veneers take the focus off your aesthetic smile flaws, so all people see is you and your beautifully confident smile.
Because we work with the finest materials and top custom dental labs in our area, you can expect your veneers to be of the highest quality and blend beautifully with your smile.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are popular with our Chicago patients for several reasons:
- Versatile – Veneers correct numerous smile flaws.
- Realistic appearance – Custom-crafted veneers closely mimic the look of natural tooth enamel.
- Customized for your smile – We design your veneers using digital impressions of your teeth, so they're customized for your smile.
- Durable – Porcelain veneers are actually quite durable despite being so thin. With proper care, your veneers can provide many years of beautiful service.
- Stain-resistant – The smooth polished surface of veneers resists staining from coffee, tea, and other foods and beverages.
The Process for Getting Dental Veneers
Getting dental veneers is a straightforward process that we can complete in as few as two visits to our Chicago dental office. The first involves taking comfortable digital impressions of the teeth we’re treating.
Our cosmetic dentists use your virtual 3-D impressions to design your veneers, so there’s no guesswork, and your veneers fit perfectly. A custom dental lab fabricates your veneers to our specifications and, in 1-2 weeks, we’ll have you return to Wicker Park Dental Group.
At this appointment, we do a quality check on your veneers to ensure they meet our high standards. Our dentists make necessary adjustments, then bond your veneers securely to your teeth.
Caring for Your Dental Veneers
Dental porcelain is highly durable, but the edges of veneers are thin, so you want to avoid damaging them. Stay away from hard or crunchy foods and don’t chew on ice or use your teeth to open packages, as your veneers can chip or crack.
You can further protect your veneers by consistent brushing and flossing; if you develop a cavity, we would need to remove the veneer, treat the tooth, then place a new veneer.
Are You a Good Candidate for Porcelain Veneers?
Our patients love the beautiful results they see and feel great about showing off their new smiles with veneers. If you worry about the cost of a complete set of veneers, there are many cases where just one or two can provide the transformative results you want.
At Wicker Park Dental Group in Chicago, we would love to help you realize your dream smile with porcelain veneers. Please call us at (773) 276-5566 to schedule a convenient evaluation with one of our cosmetic dentists.